Mgarr to Mgarr Rally
FEDERAZZJONI MALTIJA VETTURI ANTIKI
THE FMVA – MGARR TO MGARR - VINTAGE MOTORS FESTIVAL 2017
The FMVA will once again be organizing its annual two-tier event for vintage, classic and military vehicles, consisting of a regularity run in Malta and Gozo and three rotating static shows in Gozo. All FMVA constituent member clubs are cordially invited to take part. This event will be the 9th of its kind and is being supported by the Ministry for Gozo and various Local Councils in both Malta and Gozo.
1. The event will be known as The FMVA- Mgarr to Mgarr Vintage Motors Festival 2017. The regularity route will be run on good surfaced roads both in Malta and Gozo in a bid to encourage older vehicle use. Moreover the usual handicap system to encourage older vehicle use will be used once again as explained in clause 5 below.
2. The event is due to be held on Saturday the 11th and Sunday the 12th of March 2017.
3. All those members interested in participating in the shows are to indicate their intention to do so to their respective club committee whilst those intending to take part in the regularity run are to fill in an entry form attached to these ASRs. It can also be downloaded from the FMVA’s website which is, www.fmvamalta.org or one’s respective club website. Participants are to deposit the completed forms along with any monies due, in the letter box at No 122 Balzan Valley, Balzan BZN 1405 by not later than Saturday the 4th of March. In view of the customary strong subscription to this event, entries for the regularity run will be accepted on a first come first served basis and only the first 50 entries will be considered.
4. A drivers briefing will be held on Wednesday the 8th of March at the OMC clubrooms in Triq L-Isperanza, Mosta at 7.30pm when competition numbers will be assigned.
5. The entry fee per vehicle for the regularity run will be of €10 (motorcycles) & €20 (cars) for FMVA club members and €30 for non-members. In a bid to encourage participants to use the oldest of their vehicles, a handicap system will be applied across the board (cars or motorcycles) based on year of manufacture. The sum total of every participant’s penalty points will be multiplied by a factor derived from the year of manufacture of the vehicle. Hence, for example, a 1950 vehicle’s factor will be 1.50 whereas that of a 1960 vehicle 1.60 and so on and so forth. Participation in the static shows will be free of charge.
6. On Saturday the 11th of March 2017, all participants are to assemble in the parking area adjacent to the Mgarr Parish Church, by 13:00 . The first vehicle will leave the start at 14.01. There will be a half-way halt break at Wied Iz-Zurrieq and the finish will be by Selmun Palace in Mellieha at about 16:00. Participants are expected to stay at the finish till all have clocked in.
7. On Sunday the 12th of March 2017 all participants are to be at Marsalforn car park by 9:00 sharp. The first vehicle on the Regularity Run will leave the start at 10:01, the half way break will be located at Dwejra upper car park whilst the finish will be located at the Mgarr Harbour car park, situated at the end of the road past the Porto Vecchio restaurant. The first vehicle is due in at about 12.00 noon.
8. Show participants will meet at Ghajnsielem and directed to their respective show location of Xaghra, Qala or Ghajnsielem as required. Static show participants must rotate from one venue to another after a circa two-hour display. Each exhibitor will receive a participation certificate. Shows run from 9:00 to 15:30. Members are encouraged to exhibit the oldest vehicles in their collections. The static show is
FEDERAZZJONI MALTIJA VETTURI ANTIKI
open to vehicles 25 years and older, whilst for the Rally, club statute cut-off dates for members, or 30 year limit for non-members, will apply.
9. Once all Regularity Run participants have reached the Finish, in Mgarr (Gozo) they will proceed to one of the show locations as directed where they will join other members for a combined static show till around 16:00.
10. Competitors leaving show areas early will incur penalty points, or forfeit their free ferry ticket. This ticket will be valid for two calendar days hence participants can opt for an overnight stay in Gozo if they so desire.
11. Regularity run participants are to take note of the following notices and rule changes:
• The Regularity Run is not a speed event, hence any participant reported or caught speeding during the event, will be immediately disqualified.
• Participants are to follow all local traffic regulations and roving marshals will be on the lookout for all/any traffic infringements by participants. Penalties will be incurred for such infringements.
• Earliness at controls will henceforth carry 2 penalty points and not 1, as in past editions.
• Participants will not be allowed to come back to their time without incurring penalties for earliness or lateness. Hence carry-on-lateness or carry-on-earliness rules will apply throughout, irrespective of the time your road-book says you should enter a control.
• Regularity stages timed to the second will not be longer than 3 miles but can also include tenth and hundreds of a mile parts in the total,(e.g. 1.85 miles). These stages will always be held at the start of a leg.
• All average speeds and distances will be given out at the briefing, and furthermore participants are to note that these can actually change in the same leg of the regularity.
• Participants will not be required to write route/passage checks on their road books, these will be stamped by designated marshals along the route.
• Participants are to show the utmost respect at all times, to all marshals, at all controls, and follow their instructions explicitly, even if these seem incorrect at the time.
• Apart from Time Controls TCs, and Secret Time Controls STCs, we will be reintroducing Secret Secret Time Controls SSTC, where roving marshals will take your time as you drive along. You will not stop at these controls if you happen to pick out the marshal.
• Results and awards will be presented at a special function organized by the FMVA for the purpose on the 26th of March 2017 at the National Aquarium in Qawra. Booking is required.
Entry Form - click on link